If you’ve seen most or all of the movies and you want to switch things up a bit, chronologically rewatching the Marvel movies in order, to see the events as they took place (with flashbacks thrown in just to throw you off), is a fun experiment.
Some plot points might become stronger, while some plot holes might seem more obvious, but for a decade-plus-long story, it’s bound to be impressive. And after going from 2011’s Captain America: The First Avenger to 2019’s Captain Marvel, the rest will surely seem more sensical.
One note: WandaVision and The Falcon and The Winter Solider are not Marvel movies, but we can place them chronologically in the MCU. Because Monica Rambeau rejoins S.W.O.R.D. three weeks after she was snapped back into reality because of the results of Avengers: Endgame (which takes place in 2023), we can place WandaVision between Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home.
Similarly, The Falcon and The Winter Solider takes place three months after the blip brought everyone back, placing it after WandaVision but before Far From Home (which is 8 months after Endgame).
- Captain America: The First Avenger (World War II)
- Captain Marvel (1995)
- Iron Man (2010)
- Iron Man 2
- The Incredible Hulk (occurs prior to The Avengers)
- Thor (occurs prior to The Avengers)
- Marvel’s The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (six months after The Avengers)
- Thor: Dark World
- Captain America: Winter Soldier (after The Avengers, before Age of Ultron)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (ca. 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Avengers: Infinity War (2017)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp
- Avengers: Endgame (2017 – 2022)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
With the world now aware that he is Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark faces pressure from all sides to share his technology with the military. He is reluctant to divulge the secrets of his armored suit, fearing the information will fall into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts and “Rhodey” Rhodes by his side, Tony must forge new alliances and confront a powerful new enemy.